09 December 2005

Hey BSM, What Should I Get You For X-Mas?

Well, reader, I'll tell you. I think...

Ever have one of those years where X-Mas creeps up, and you don't know what you want? Well that's me this year. I don't know. Last year I was all about a couple specific DVDs I asked for, maybe a PS2 game or whatever. This year... eh. Here's what I'm working with (and admittedly, it's a long list still- but I can improvise, baby). This list is in no particular order.

DVD
  • The Simpsons: Season Seven

  • Batman (New 2-disc nicey-nice version)

  • Hoop Dreams: Criterion Collection

  • The 39 Steps: Criterion Collection

  • 8 1/2: Criterion Collection

  • Curb Your Enthusiasm: Third Season

  • Curb Your Enthusiasm: Fourth Season

  • The Kids in the Hall- Season Two

  • The Kids in the Hall- Season Three

  • Beavis and Butthead, Vol. 1- The Mike Judge Collection

  • Toy Story (10th Anniversary Edition)

  • Ren and Stimpy: The Complete First and Second Seasons

  • The Passion of Joan of Arc: Criterion Collection

  • The Battle of Algiers: Criterion Collection
  • Spartacus: Criterion Collection

  • F for Fake: Criterion Collection

  • Ran: Criterion Collection

  • Jules et Jim: Criterion Collection

  • The Wire- The First Season

  • The Wire- The Second Season

  • Arrested Development- Season One

  • Arrested Development- Season Two


  • CD
  • Mclusky- Mclusky Does Dallas

  • Mclusky- My Pain & Sadness is More Sad and Painful Than Yours

  • The Who- Live at Leeds Deluxe Edition

  • Mobb Deep- Infamous

  • Aesop Rock- Bazooka Tooth

  • Aesop Rock- Daylight EP

  • Aesop Rock- Labor Days

  • Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt

  • Notorious BIG- Ready to Die

  • LCD Soundsystem- The LCD Soundsystem

  • The Shins- Oh, Inverted World

  • Ol' Dirty Bastard- Return to the 36 Chambers


  • BOOKS
  • Master of Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson- by Robert A Caro

  • The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York- by Robert A Caro

  • 1776- by David McCullough
  • I Had a Hammer: The Hank Aaron Story- by Hank Aaron

  • The 2006 Bill James Handbook

  • The 2006 Baseball Prospectus Book

  • The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book- by Bill Watterson

  • Benjamin Franklin: An American Life- by Walter Isaacson


  • MISC.
  • iPod 30 gB (Plays video)

  • Nice, big, cool bookcase



  • Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "FUCKING A, BSM, that's a ton of shit, are you mental?" Unless you're my Mom, who's thinking "I plan on buying all that, but I wonder if I should look into storage for it all until Xmas."

    No, but seriously, that's all shit I've collected onto a list of "stuff I should buy" over the last few months. In other words- "here's some stuff. Relatives, friends- pick something from here." I'm trying to help, you see.

    So I will check back in here and update what I get on that fateful morn. PS- if you want to claim something, so that no one else can buy it for me- do it in the comments section. Nice!

    ______________________________ |