10 August 2004

I've Captured a Friedman...



First off, regarding my last entry- disregard it. I'm a fucking idiot, and if I were to express the state of the Red Sox- the state- it'd be New Jersey. Obnoxious, frustrating, and ugly. That is all. When they win 6 straight, I'll start talking about them again. Until then, I don't feel like wasting my time writing about a team that is poorly managed, plays terribly, and has rid itself of one of it's star players and received nothing in return. I love the Boston Red Sox with my whole heart, but my brain is starting to catch up, and it's telling me- "it might not be worth the effort this time around, hombre."



Meanwhile, whilst the Woman and I walked to go see Collateral, I engaged in what is most certainly my gift- identifying people from TV and movies, etc. in public. On the corner of York Ave and 86th St, I spotted Jesse Friedman, one of the subjects of the film, Capturing the Friedmans with his wife and children. And, I noticed him as his BACK WAS TURNED TO ME. I know, it's amazing. But it's true. The Woman pleaded to walk ahead (and a little out of our way) to make sure it was him, and we did- and it was. It was extremely strange seeing the man who's personal life I know in so much detail right there on the street. I'd seen his brothers, his parents, his childhood home, his trial for child molestation, his last night before jail, his family arguments. He didn't know me from Adam, and there I was, on the street next to him. He didn't know I knew. Just really weird when you think about it.

Then we circled back and went and saw a really awesome movie. God, I love NYC.

Finally, cos I know you REALLY give a shit- the playlist for today:

Nirvana- "School" (live)
REM- "(Don't Go Back to) Rockville"
Radiohead- "There There (The Boney King of Nowhere)"
The Ramones- "Judy Is a Punk"
Red Hot Chili Peppers- "The Righteous & the Wicked"
The Roots- "The Seed (2.0)"
Velvet Underground- "Head Held High"
Ween- "Flutes of Chi"
Weezer- "Tired of Sex"
The White Stripes- "Death Letter"
The Who- "Baba O'Riley"
The Clash- "Janie Jones"
Cyndi Lauper- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
The White Stripes- "Ball and a Biscuit"
The Beatles- "Girl"
The Supremes- "I Hear a Symphony"
The Faces- "Ooh La La"
Fantomas- "Night of the Hunter" (Remix)
Foo Fighters- "Exhausted"
Hole- "Miss World"
John Lennon- "(Just Like) Starting Over"


A River Dairchee.

______________________________ |